Meditation has helped me open my eyes to truly see myself. When I take the time to journey within, I let go of the old trappings and the voice that says, “You are not enough,” the old patterns that encourage me to react instead of respond. Meditation dusts off my brighter inner self and allows me to shine.
Meditation does not have to be difficult or complicated.
Here’s a powerful meditation approach that I would like to share with you:
1) Sit comfortably in a chair with your feet on the floor.
2) Become aware of the energy flowing through your body. As Baron Baptiste says, “Where attention goes, energy flows.”
3) Now imagine your energy flowing from your feet to the top of your head.
4) Imagine your energy flowing from the top of your head down to your feet.
5) Keep imagining the flow of energy moving throughout your body from root to crown, and crown to root, stimulating the chakras – or energy centers – in the body.
6) Pull your energy from the top of your head into the middle of your forehead to the third eye.
7) Pull the energy from the balls of your feet into the third eye.
8) Focus on your energy at the third eye and let it open up to become a beautiful meditation room within your mind. In the middle of your room is a chair. Really SEE your chair. What style is it? What color and texture is the fabric? How does it feel when you touch it? Just drop your body into the chair and sink in…
9) Now see your room: see the four walls, the ceiling and floor beneath you. Write your name on the walls to make the room yours and yours alone. Place your favorite things, the things that make you feel safe, within your room. No harm can come to you here – this is your safe space and it is only for you.
10) Breathe. Be. Feel. Relax.
11) Stay in your room for as long as you like. Allow yourself to be present.
12) When you complete your meditation, simply acknowledge yourself for taking the time for creating space and a renewed perspective for yourself. Then return to your day. Take on this meditation as much as you need throughout your day- even if you only have a few minutes.
If you ever feel like your world looks out of focus or out of control, when you feel like a human doing and not a human being, take a mental journey to your meditation room. Sit down in your comfortable chair and take a moment to acknowledge your old patterns and trapping of the past don’t define who you are. You decide what you do, say and feel. Doing this easy exercise will help you, for a moment, to let go of the past and not worry about the future. Get present. You can be NOW HERE or NOWHERE. All we have is NOW.