1) Disease Prevention is the #1 reason to train: Exercise is proven to reduce the risk of every major disease starting from the fastest growing disease today – diabetes – to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, osteoporosis, and list goes on. Training can literally save your life.
2) Easier on the eyes: Looking great is another reason to exercise. Training will firm and tone your body, shed unwanted pounds of fat, improve your posture by strengthening core musculature, and make your skin look brighter and tighter against your face and the rest of your body. Your skin is the body’s largest organ and the only one seen by others. Training regularly will keep your skin healthy, clean out your pores, and give you “that glow” to have you looking your best (not to mention it works wonders on the “unseen” organs).
3) To eliminate aches and pains: Aches and pains will sometimes prevent people from exercising, but a regular exercise regimen can strengthen the muscles around weak or injured areas as well as bring much needed blood flow, oxygen and nutrients to the aching spot to help with recovery. Remember to always consult your physician for serious pain before starting an exercise regimen.
4) Reverse the aging process: Regular exercise is one the few (if not the only) ways to fight off the aging process. As we age, muscle and bone begin to degenerate, joints become more inflamed and the body’s ability to recover from physical and mental exertion as well as things like surgery and illness is lessened. But training can literally reverse the age of your muscles, strengthen your bones and help you recover over 50% faster from sickness and surgery.
5) The mental edge: The brain benefits tremendously from exercise, which has been proven to reduce depression and anxiety and can be more powerful and less risky than the alternative. It can help stave off Alzheimer’s and dementia and the increased oxygen and blood flow that exercise brings to the brain can increase memory and other mental functions.
6) Improve your lifestyle: Exercise helps you enjoy all the things you love in life even more, whether it’s traveling, playing sports, your kids, dancing, business. Exercise increases productivity and gives you more energy so you have more time to spend doing the things you love!
7) Permanent weight loss and increase metabolism: Regular training increases your metabolism permanently by adding lean muscles and increasing your oxygen uptake. This, in turn causes your body to burn unwanted fat. Therefore causing proper weight loss in the long-term.
There are so many reasons and motivating factors for training and fitness. All of the above benefits top my list. Figure out what tops yours and use it as motivation to help you become a healthier, happier and more energized person.