An invitation to submit work for publication in Camp Conroy Anthology
Calling all young writers and artists, ages 8 to 14! You are invited to submit your work for publication in the nonprofit Pat Conroy Literary Center’s annual Camp Conroy anthology, to be edited and designed by the Conroy Center’s summer camper participants. Theme: Free to Be, Deadline: July 1
With a parent or guardian’s permission, young writers and artists can submit an original story, poem, essay, painting, drawing, photograph, cartoon, or other artwork to be considered for publication this summer. No entry fee required. Up to 10 submissions will be selected. Writers and artists chosen for publication will receive a copy of the Camp Conroy anthology, published later this year.
Submissions must (1) be sent by a parent or guardian to email@example.com with the subject line Camp Conroy Anthology Submission; (2) be received by the deadline of 7:00 p.m. EST on July 1, 2021; (3) include in the email a brief (50-word) biography of the author/artist and an author/artist statement about the submission; and (4) address the Camp Conroy 2021 theme of “Free to Be.”
Additional Guidelines for Creative Writing
- One prose entry (fiction or nonfiction) per writer, up to 800 words
- Or up to two poems per writer, up to two pages
- Microsoft Word or Pages document, Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, double-spaced
- In the top, right corner of the first page, include author name, author age, parent or guardian name and email address, word count, and genre of writing.
- Center the title and author byline.
- Files names should read:
Additional Guidelines for Artwork
- One entry per artist
- Jpg or Png files, as attachments
- In the body of the email, include artist name, artist age, parent or guardian name and email address, and medium of artwork.
- File names should read:
- Paired submissions of creative writing and artwork can be submitted together.
Presented in partnership with Beaufort Middle School, Camp Conroy is a two-week build-a-book summer camp experience for young writers and artists, ages 8 to 14, hosted by the nonprofit Pat Conroy Literary Center. To learn more about registering to attend Camp Conroy this July 12-24, or about scholarship opportunities, please visit https://campconroy2021.eventbrite.com.