Beaufort’s biggest celebration of the year – Holiday Weekend – is fast approaching, and we hear that Santa’s elves (aka our Downtown Operations and Public Works Departments) are making sure everything will be merry and bright.
For those who have been before, you know what a fun weekend is in store. If you haven’t, we invite you to see beautiful Beaufort in all its festive finery!
Here’s the Lineup:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1
Night on the Town
Streets will close at 4:30 p.m. (Bay Street, West and Scott Streets from Bay to Port Republic, and Port Republic from Charles to Scott Street.) Merchants will be open, most offering complimentary food and drinks. There will be plenty of food booths on Bay Street, and downtown restaurants will be open.
• Christmas music and caroling throughout evening
• Dance and other groups perform on Bay Street stage
• The Parris Island Marine Corps Band will perform at the concert stage, Charles and Bay Streets
• 6 p.m., Santa photos begin outside the Beaufort Candy Shoppe
• 8 p.m., “The Night Before Christmas” reading, by Acting Mayor Mike McFee, at the concert stage
• 8:30 p.m., tree lighting at Waterfront Park
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2
Sea Island Gullah Christmas Celebration
Enjoy the Sea Island Gullah Christmas Celebration at Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Gullah Taste of Christmas and Rice Cook-off
Holiday Boat Parade
Light up the Night Holiday Boat Parade, sponsored by the America’s Boating Club of Beaufort, begins at 5:30 p.m. Grab a seat along the seawall at Waterfront Park.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 3
The annual Christmas Parade begins at 3 p.m. and typically concludes about 5 p.m. Santa rounds it out atop a Beaufort-Port Royal fire truck.
The City will offer FREE PARKING at the Marina parking lot beginning on Thanksgiving Day and extending through New Year’s Day.